Level 2: ServSafe Manager Certification
Hancock Public Health is an approved provider of Level 2 Food Protection Certification Training by the Ohio Department of Health. The training program that we teach is the ServSafe Manager Certification Course, a nationally recognized and accredited course developed by the National Restaurant Association. ServSafe is an approved Level 2 Certified Food Protection Course by the Ohio Department of Health. ServSafe provides detailed instruction on how to implement vital food safety practices in all types of food establishments as well as extensive training on active managerial control to reduce the risk of foodborne illness.
For more information on dates and registration, click on the Hancock Public Health Training Information and Registration link.
Level 1: Food Handler Training
• Training is offered as needed, minimum of 6 people to hold a class
• Cost is dependent on the number of people
• 6-19 people: $25/person
• 20+ people: $20/person
• Classes to be offered off site
• Training Includes: 3 hours of Instruction, Handwashing Activity and Thermometer Calibration
• Topics Covered: Good Personal Hygiene, Controlling Time and Temperature, Preventing Cross Contamination and Cleaning & Sanitizing.
• Each participant receives a book, thermometer and a Certificate of Completion from an approved provider of the Level 1 Certification in Food Protection from the State of Ohio
Contact our office to schedule Level 1 training
ServSafe offers the ServSafe Manager Certification Course online which is also approved by the Ohio Department of Health to satisfy the Level 2 Food Protection Certification. Click on the ServSafe website link for more information on enrolling in their online course. If you choose this online training option, you will still need to find a proctor to take the exam. We can proctor exams, click on the “need a proctor” link for more information.
TAP (Training Achievement Program) is an approved Level 2 Food Protection Certification Training program by the Ohio Department of Health. This online training is offered through the Ohio State University Extension Hancock County Office. Click on the OSU Extension Hancock County link for more information on this training.
Proctoring is scheduled on an individual basis. Hancock Public Health has a $48 proctor fee. Contact Heidi Phillips or Kurt Schroeder for more information or to schedule an exam session.