Car Seat Program-Ohio Buckles Buckeyes

  • How can I get a car seat or booster seat?

    Call the Hancock County Health Department at 419-424-7869 to see if you qualify for this state funded program. A donation of $20.00 is requested to help defer costs.
  • Do you need help installing your car seat?

    Four out of five car seats are not used correctly. Could yours be one of them? We will check to see if your car seat has been recalled and we can help you install your car seat correctly in your vehicle. Call ahead for an appointment and make sure to bring your vehicles owner's manual and your car seat manufacturer's guide!
  • What are the five most common mistakes parents or caregivers make when installing a car seat?

    1. The car seat is installed too loosely in the vehicle. Your car seat should not move more than one inch side to side or forward!
    2. The car seat is turned forward facing too soon. Infants should ride rear facing until they are at least one year of age and 22 pounds!
    3. The harness straps are not properly threaded or adjusted. Harness straps should be at or below the child's shoulder when using a car seat rear facing. When using a car seat in the forward facing position, harness straps should be at or just above the shoulders, usually the top slots, unless manufacturer's instructions say differently!
    4. The harness is loose and the retainer clip is not correctly positioned on the child. The harness should be snug on the child's shoulders and the retainer clip should always be positioned at armpit level.
    5. The child is not in a booster seat long enough or not in one at all. Booster seats are for kids who weigh between 40 to 80 pounds, usually four to eight years old. A booster seat boosts the child up so the seat belt fits the child correctly....low over the hips and upper thighs and snug over the shoulder.
  • How can I find out if my car seat has been recalled?

    To find out if your car seat has been recalled, please visit the Child Safety Seat Recalls Web Page on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Web Site at

Emergency Info.

If you have a medical emergency to report, please contact your healthcare provider or dial 9-1-1.  

To contact Hancock Public Health to report a public health emergency, including Class A communicable diseases, please dial:

(419) 348-6611


Main Address
2225 Keith Parkway
Findlay, Ohio 45840
Phone: 419-424-7105
Fax: 419-424-7189

Hours of Operation:

M: 9:00am - 4:30pm

T-F: 8:00am - 4:30pm

Our Mission

Improving ourselves and our communities
Promoting public health and the prevention of disease
Protecting people and the environment